LOCATION:1255 Hamilton Ct, Menlo Park, CA
JOB SUMMARY:Working under the Peninsula Service Center (PSC) umbrella of Inside Source / Young, the Dispatcher performs as a hub of information, communication and coordination for all work performed by PSC. The Dispatcher establishes and maintains daily workload and personnel (PSC and subcontractor) scheduling and performs administrative duties to support costing and billing functions. The Dispatchers also assists with loading deliveries and unloading furniture shipments and interfaces regularly with various Inside Source / Young departments, Better Source, freight carriers, vendors and PSC employees. Emphasis for this dynamic position is placed on strong skills of organization, follow through, and verbal and written communication and a can-do attitude.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Include but not limited to:
- Assists with basic delivery and install labor quotes.
- Forward paperwork to Warehouse Manager for pulls, as needed.
- Compiles daily job packets from field, includes signed Delivery Tickets.
- Matches Inside Source /Young Purchase Orders to original PSC quotation.
- Prepare daily installation schedule and hire subs.
- Audit and distribute delivery / installation packets received from Inside Source / Young.
- Review instructions and provide general audit of Installation Request Forms and Purchase Orders.
- Determine and plan truck and personnel routing.
- Coordinate will calls and / or pulls (IS, Better Source or otherwise). Provide troubleshooting for field requests.
- Ensure special equipment is on job site.
- Manage delivery truck service schedule
WORK INTERFACING:Work directly with multiple Inside Source /Young departments and all PSC personnel.
- 3 - 5 years of job-related experience, preferably in contract furniture industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Design software preferable.
- Ability to interact at all levels of personnel in a professional manner and to communicate clearly and consistently.
- A positive, can-do attitude to handle day to day challenges
- Strong team-oriented work ethic.
- A flexible schedule with an ability to begin work at 6am (If necessary, work more than an 8-hour workday and may require answering questions and fielding calls in the evenings and on weekends.)
Thanks so much to all of you that worked with us through our design process. Everyone is happy! - City of Daly City